Able & Tireless

The Wonderful World of Cable & Wireless Software Developers

Able & Tireless Home | Contact

Saturday, July 31, 2004

I don't know if I agree with everything he says, but my favourite guru, Paul Graham has grabbed me again with his latest article, great hackers. This seemed relevant:

The cartoon strip Dilbert has a lot to say about cubicles, and with good reason. All the hackers I know despise them. The mere prospect of being interrupted is enough to prevent hackers from working on hard problems. If you want to get real work done in an office with cubicles, you have two options: work at home, or come in early or late or on a weekend, when no one else is there. Don't companies realize this is a sign that something is broken? An office environment is supposed to be something you work in, not something you work despite.


Comments: Post a Comment