Able & Tireless

The Wonderful World of Cable & Wireless Software Developers

Able & Tireless Home | Contact

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Management. Mr. S and I have been "promoted" to have our own little teams of six and five developers each. Although Steve remains head honcho this does involve things like reporting, objectives setting, etc. so it is real management.

This sucks. But the alternative was having a layer between us and Steve and that sucks double.

I don't really feel like a manager and I certainly don't feel like emailing people who even as recently as this morning were sending me patronising emails about date formatting* saying, "Hi, I'm your new manager - I want you to come to me with all your concerns and shit. Let's kick ass for Cable!"

I'm thinking that primarily I'll deal with reporting. If anything else comes up they'll probably go direct to Steve at least for now. If they get used to me doing the reporting maybe I'll do some more shit. I'm not sure why I have added this to my job for no extra money but apparently I have. Hmm.

* = As if I don't know how to format a date in java! As if I couldn't look it up if I didn't!


Comments: Post a Comment