Able & Tireless

The Wonderful World of Cable & Wireless Software Developers

Able & Tireless Home | Contact

Monday, September 27, 2004

Total bollocks. Why oh why am I bothering to do this team leader/management shit? There is surely no need. If I went and joined Tom's team as a developer I'd have:

  1. A really fucking brilliant laptop (much better than current laptop)
  2. Much less stress
  3. Earn the same amount of money

Now why on earth would I stay in management? Literally, the only reason is so in 6 months time I can leave to get a better job somewhere else. Why are Cable & Wireless making the only attractive option one where I leave??? Don't they like me? If so, why have they just promoted me???

Confused, London


Comments:
I'll tell you why I took it up. Else I'd have to report to someone else. Some random Yahoo. Could be awful. You don't really have the option of being in my team (do you?)

As for getting a better job in six months. Nothing would stop you saying you'd done the management bit even though you hadn't so that's not a concern.

You could use it for getting a pay rise /in nine months/ but that won't work because Steve's going to give us threes and in the new system that means, "you done bad" so we won't get shit.

As for the brilliant laptop that's just one of those laughable random acts of management. You can't really include that in regrets because you couldn't have predicted it.

But yes, being a manager sucks whereas writing computer programs is fun (sometimes, when you can get requirements out of anyone that make sense). Shame that.
 

Post a Comment